Sunday, December 26, 2004

Whole lotta lovin' goin' on!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, UN-CHRISTMASY DAY!! I want to complain but I just can't find it in me. There was no snow, no scarves and mittens, just flip flops and sunshine. I just can't complain, no matter how un-Christmas like it was. I had a wonderful day. All of my friends were worried that I would be depressed without anyone to spend the day with so, they made sure I had to many people to spend the day with! I started out at the Librarian and P.E. Teacher's house. We exchanged gifts and had a cup of eggnog (loaded, even though it was only 10:00 am). I then walked around the corner to Ms. Red Pants and Mr. Shake-n-Bake's house. We visited for a while and off I went. I met up with Mr. and Ms. TIMBER and Mr. Firehose and Ms. Chef in the greenbelt. We sat in the grass and had a glass of wine a talked for about 30 minutes. Mr. Tommy Bahama pulled up on his Harley to wish everyone a happy day! I finally made my way (across the street) to Mr. Moving Teeth and Ms. Licking Lips house. We drank champagne and orange juice (Hermosas we like to call them-private joke) and Mr. Moving Teeth cooked brunch for us. Mr. Moving Teeth is C.I.O. for Cheesecake Factory and he loves to show off his skills. He thinks just because he works for the company he can cook! We didn't want to remind him he was more of a "computer guy" than a chef. He did a great job and it was the thought that counts. At about 5:00 pm I went to the movies with a friend from work. I came home exhausted. I felt the love of my neighbors and although it can't replace having my kids with me, it was nice.
I spent most of today cleaning up the Christmas mess. I received a very nice bath set from a friend. I don't usually have time for baths but...right now I have all the time I need. I am off to take a nice hot bath, to bad I don't have company to share it with! Maybe another time.

No comments: