Friday, December 03, 2004

On his death bed, again

My oldest son called me from school yesterday and I knew immediately he was sick (not the "I don't want to run the mile in PE sick"). He sounded horrible. He was half wispering, half crying. "I think I have lukemia" he cries. "My head hurts, my neck hurts, my spine hurts, my legs hurt, everything hurts really bad!" I try my motherly, words of comfort and assure him he is not dying. No such luck, he doesn't believe me. So...I call the doctor. She says there is a flu going around that is accompnied by severe body aches but, she would be happy to see him if it would help ease his mind. On my way to pick him up I think about the situation. I smile, he is really becoming a man! This is his second deadly disease this year.

1 comment:

Christine said...

My daughter is only 3, but she does this, too. "My tummy hurts, my legs hurt, my hair hurts."

"You're hair???"

In her case, she does this because she loves the new tylenol melt-aways they are making for toddlers. As a mother I'm thankful she will take it when she needs it, but it worries me the rest of the time that she loves it so much.

I hope your son is feeling better!