Thursday, December 16, 2004

Tis the season to be lonely

It really sucks that I have to spend Christmas alone. This is just one of the "joys" of being divorced and living 1000 miles from your ex (most of the time it is well worth it).
Ms. Licking Lips has invited me to come over on Christmas Eve and spend the night with she and Mr. Moving Teeth. They are so wonderful! They are both 50 something and don't have kids. I think I would rather sleep in my own bed, but who knows. They are talking about going whale watching on Christmas morning. This really makes me excited. They are part of a group that "thumbprint" whales using the markings on their tails. They have a large 40 something foot boat (can you believe I work with numbers) that we would take out into the ocean and then we would drop the inflatable into the water and go for it!
We will see what the holiday brings. At least I have an option other than staying home, cleaning the fish tank and drinking eggnog 'til I puke! I can go out on the beautiful Pacific Ocean and drink eggnog 'til I puke! This is definitely one of the sucky parts of being alone!!!

No comments: