Wednesday, December 22, 2004

It's been a good day

I woke up this morning at my normal time, 4:45 a.m. After I shut my alarm off it dawned on me that I didn’t have kids to “get around”. I reset the alarm for 5:30 and crawled back in bed. I closed my eyes and then all the things I had to do today started running through my head. Lets see, drop off dry-cleaning, Tarr family present to wrap, laundry to fold, check to cash at the bank, present to buy for Jim and Jose at work, gift certificate for Joanie, work my second job starting at 6:00… I knew that it would not do me any good to lay there and I would never get back to sleep. I got out of bed, pulled the sheets off and threw them in the washing machine. I went to the boy’s room and pulled the sheets off their beds too. I grabbed my Christmas cards, my jacket and headed out the door. I delivered all the cards to my neighbors and was back home drinking my first cup of coffee at 5:35 a.m. By the time I left the house at 7:00 I had finished two loads of sheets, emptied the dishwasher, ironed my Christmas outfit and bagged and loaded my dry-cleaning into the car. It felt great!
I have lots of stuff to do tonight, but it will keep my mind off of the fact that the boys are gone. Someone asked me what I used to do before I had kids. My response: Go to High School!

No comments: