Monday, December 13, 2004

Things are looking better, well, kinda

I woke up Sunday morning and thought to myself- “What am I whining about?” “I live at the beach, the sun is shining and I have my kids with me.” Then I got up and looked in the mirror.
Wholly Crap! For some reason when I am feeling down, it makes me feel better to do something with my hair. Sometimes that means getting it cut but mostly it means changing the color. It is almost always a disaster. I like to have a few drinks and get busy playing beautician.
I started out going several shades lighter. It was pretty but too plain for me. I decided to add a little dimension and put in streaks of a beautiful copper red color. Well, it was beautiful on the swatch of fake hair at the beauty supply store.
Needless to say, it didn't turn out like I planned. I knew I couldn't do anything about it and after several phone calls and no luck finding someone to go back to the beauty store, I just decided I would live with it for the night. It must have been the lighting last night, I can't even blame it on being drunk (I only had a few beers), but I swear it wasn't this color when I went to sleep. This morning the streaks in my hair are orange! I mean really orange, not cooper red!
So here I sit at work, orange hair, pretending that I like it and did it on purpose. I will fix it tonight. By the time this is all over I will have spent more money than if I had paid someone to do it professionally.
At least I am not dwelling on the fact that I have to spend Christmas alone this year!

No comments: