Monday, December 27, 2004

Not really that funny after all!

Ever did something that at the time seemed funny (usually involves drinking)? I did one of those things!
Gasp!
Shocker, huh?
I am famous for doing those kinds of things. I have tried to behave myself and have never done “these things” around my co-workers, until now. We had our office party on Thursday and the drinking started early, around noon I think. I drank on an empty stomach, which in general is not a good idea and a really bad idea for me. Needless to say, I am the “talk of the shop” today. For those of you that know me well, this is mild in comparison, but for those at work, well-yuck!
After our dinner, we all decided to go to Black Angus for more drinks. Everyone piled into Maria’s SUV leaving Jose and I standing there. So, we jumped in his truck. The crew is always teasing Jose about being gay. He is shy (maybe gay), so I thought it would be funny and good for his reputation if just laid down in his lap and …
They pulled into the restaurant first and got out of the car. Enter- the funny girl-we come pulling in and “up pops my head”. They all started clapping and laughing and I thought we all knew it was a joke. Apparently not!
The talk this morning is that I was doing “you know what, to you know who”. I tried to tell a few people that it was a joke, I couldn’t tell if they believed me or not. I realize now (actually when I woke up Friday morning) that it was not a good idea and not very appropriate! Oh well, no sense holding back now!

No comments: