Sunday, December 19, 2004

Full Night

I still feel horrible, but in the mood. I wanted to make cookies and wrap presents and make a gingerbread house and drink eggnog. I didn't have that much energy. It was a good thing because the boys didn't seem to want to spend the time with me today. Only two days until they are gone, and I am counting every minute. I hate it when they leave. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the break but a couple of days is all I can take! I need a hobby!
The boys had other plans today. They wanted to see their friends before they left for the holidays. Nick wanted to go surfing and Devon wanted his best friend over to play video games. I sat around all day (not really sat around) doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows and making cookies. I waited for the boys to be done with their socializing.I am trying to be patient and I know that a social life is very important at this age. I can't believe that it has come to this, they are my everything and I have become their "sometime". They don't need me like they use to and I don't know what to do with myself. I admit, I self medicate with other babies: cats, fish, dogs and I babysit other friends kids and parents(long story).
The boys finally were mine tonight around 5:30p.m. We had our traditional pizza (usually Friday) and started our gingerbread house. It was not the thrill it used to be. I played Nat King Cole, Elvis and Chipmuncks Christmas albums. They were not really impressed. I was plenty excited, I love festivities, real or make believe!! They were just trying to please me.
We had good time making the gingerbread house. The real fun started while my son was chanell surfing (annoying). We found the "Wizard of Oz"playing, my all time fav, rivalling "GREASE". My husband, at the time we met, was doing business in the middle of a tornado. He brought back for me a childrens illustrated book of "The Wizard of OZ" and a tiny pair of emerald colored Barbie shoes. I was in love from that point on!!
My boys will still sit still for "TheWizard of Oz". They have grown to hate "GREASE", which hurts me. We watched the whole show, stupid comercials and all. Devon is still very impressed with the witch and her monkeys. Nick of course, is a bit more critical.
I am still searching far and wide for my hearts desire. It is probably outside my back door. No, I see nothing but sand, palm trees and water.
A tropical drink and adult company would make things complete.
We finished the night off, all in my bed. Perfect!!!! I don't care if they sleep all over the bed... for tonight. I am just happy to have my babies home with me.

No comments: