Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Who could ask for anything more?

I was soooo glad to be off work today that even the traffic on the drive home didn’t bother me. We get off work at 4:00 so we beat it most of the time. The drive home was slow today but I just turned up the music and sang away!
I picked up Devon at school and headed to the grocery store. I had put a roast in the crock-pot this morning and I knew it would be waiting when we got home. When we walked in the front door the whole house smelled like burnt meat! I knew immediately that something was wrong. My lucky crock-pot would not let me down. I walked into the kitchen to find my lovely, white tile counters, covered with blood and beef broth, along with some onion slices and spices. My “pot” had cracked down the side! I don’t know how or why but I am devastated! I have had this crock-pot for 15 yrs. It is ugly and small but it is special to me. Two years ago I entered my first “chili cook-off” and took 3rd place. This last year I took 1st place and I chalk it up to my lucky crock-pot (It was honestly, my second time to ever make chili). Along with 1st place, I also got a ribbon for the ugliest crock-pot. I vowed to continue using it even though I really need a bigger one.
I did manage to save the roast, kind of.
After I bleached the tile on my counter I needed to do a load of laundry. I threw the messy rags in the washer and finished dinner. On my way down the hall to tell the boys to wash up, I felt wet, squishy carpet. My washer was leaking and the hall was flooded. I got the clean towels out of my bathroom and tried to soak up as much water as possible. I ended up pulling the carpet up and setting fans on both sides of the hall.
I cried. I had just had it and I couldn’t take anymore. I cried again. Finally, when the tears were gone I felt this huge relief and then this huge gush! Uh huh, my period! What more can I say, a perfectly awful ending to a perfectly awful day!

1 comment:

Bella said...

Awwww..I am so sorry that your day was bad. Everytime I have a bad day, it means that a really really really good day is coming soon. I hope today is better. I am glad you had a good cry; it sounded as if you needed it. :) I can't beleive your lucky crock pot cracked. :( Like I said, I hope today is much better.