Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What a graceful entrance!

OMG! I am so embarrassed!
I walked out the back door of my office into the factory and fell. Not just any fall, but one of those “twist your ankle and fall off your boots” falls. My ankle twisted, I jerked sideways (heels are about 3 inches), dropped my stack of papers and did a very spastic version of a windmill. I hit the floor sending papers scattering. I jumped up immediately, smoothed my skirt and looked around. I didn’t see anyone and bent over to retrieve my paperwork. I just wanted to get out of there quick. Then I heard a voice coming from somewhere in the rows of stock ahead of me: “What the hell was that?”
I was mortified! Funny thing is, somehow I am relieved to know who witnessed my acrobatics. Not knowing is more embarrassing, thinking that someone out there knows my secret makes my cheeks burn. I may dress like a lady... but you really can’t take me anywhere.

2 comments:

mojo shivers said...

I think the worst I've embarrassed myself like that was when I walked off the side of pier into the lake my friends and I were visiting. I wasn't watching where I was going and my friends it almost resembled one of those Warner Bros. cartoons. I sort of walked over the water, hung there for a split second, looked down, and then dropped like a stone.

pinkme said...

Yikes, I've never done something that bad! I have been pushed off the dock by a lovely friend after a party at the "Yacht Club". What a way to impress people.