Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Not working out

My feet and my breasts are ready to go, the rest of my body just won’t cooperate!
I bought a new Jogbra and new running shoes so I could begin jogging again (as if I was a serious jogger before). I made several mistakes this morning:

1. I didn’t break in my new shoes
2. I didn’t realize that at 4:30 a.m. my body would need more of a warm up than the usual stretch or two.

By the end of my short jog this morning the only things that felt like it had gotten a workout were my sore feet and my even sorer (is that a word?) breasts! I was very glad it was dark. I looked like my mother trying to catch the mailman- arms and legs flailing (probably in different directions). Lord knows I am lucky I didn’t throw my back out. Working-out is not working-out, but what are my options at that time in the morning?

2 comments:

tobynkatie said...

I totally feel for you! I lost my weight by just walking a mile everyday. Then I eventually increased it to 2 miles.....so on and so forth just continued walking. Then started hiking and now finally almost 1 year later i have tried jogging. It's not my favorite. But also my old roomate was a nurse and got me hooked on slim fast for breakfast. But that isn't what did it. Just keep at it.....you may feel all out of sorts.....but trust me the reward is awesome! (oh and here's another thing...I ate whatever I wanted as long as I walked religiously everyday.) Try it and see! :)

tobynkatie said...

One more thing......anytime you need some "motivation" or just want to scream and yell......just let me know!! I feel your pain!! :) Keep up the great work!