Wednesday, January 26, 2005

This is soo NOT funny

Tonight the boys and I watched American Idol. We love to watch it together and laugh. After the last couple of days at work my nerves are shot and dealing with a teenager just about puts me over the edge. Nick insisted on talking through the entire show. He asked me questions about Bob Marley and Jimi Hendrix. He asked me why they call pot "bud". He asked me if our toenails really grow after we die. He asked me how long it will take for his pimple to go away and if I think he will grow taller than his dad. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I was just about to flip out and tape his mouth shut when he got quiet. I took a few deep breaths (which by the way does NOT calm me down) and settled in to watch the show. All of the sudden Nick jumps out of his chair and starts into his Pink Floyd/Casualties/ Elvis impersonation. It was so hideous that I had to laugh, for a second. I forget that laughter is encouraging. He continued his "act". I finally snapped "stop, Stop, STOPPPP!" I gave him my "I can't take anymore" speech followed by the "It's my cranky time" speech. We managed to make it through the last 10 minutes of the show. I could tell Nick was struggling to control himself and on the way down the hall he breaks into song. As he gets to the door of his bedroom he shakes his butt and sings something about riding his bicycle. It was so ridiculous that I had to laugh. It made me feel better even though I kept telling myself "This is so not funny". I want to go to bed.
GOODNIGHT!

2 comments:

pinkme said...

He was wearing snoopy boxer shorts, which made it kinda cute!

Puck said...

WOW!!! VERY NICE!!!

But then, I always liked the way you look... ;)