Monday, January 03, 2005

My Boys, My Boys!

They are home, finally. How can 13 days feel like a year? I finally have a purpose again (really need a hobby).
I picked the boys up at the Burbank Airport, which I love (yeah Burbank, poo LAX) at about 11:00 am. On the ride home they told me a little (very little) about their visit with their father. I didn’t want to push on their first day home but I can tell something happened, something troubling. My oldest son actually called me at midnight on the Wednesday before they returned, to tell me goodnight. He knows very well that I go to bed around 9:00 and I got the feeling he wanted to talk. He didn’t open up and I don’t want him to feel pressured, like he is tattling on his father. He has been instructed before to not tell me what goes on in their house. I have made it very clear that they can tell their father anything that goes on in our house (except the hot tub incident, yikes). We will talk when the time is right, we always do.
We arrived home and the boys opened their presents. We had fun looking at all the stuff they got from their visit up north. We decided to go to one of our favorite places to eat “Pirates Grub and Grog”. They had a Zydeco/ Cajun band playing. What a hoot! The boys and I laughed and clapped and had a great time. We even played the washboard (much to my sons dismay).
After we arrived home we decided to unpack their bags. I emptied out all the clothes and asked if they knew which were clean and which ones were dirty. Nick patted me on the shoulder and said, “Does it really matter, you know you want to wash them all”. We laughed and I agreed.
I am so happy that my laundry makers are back!!

No comments: