Monday, January 24, 2005

It's Monday...

the most depressing day of the week.
I hated this weekend to end.
The weather was perfect.

The kids and I have a Sunday tradition. We get on our bikes about 11:00 and ride down to the Farmers Market for some VERY good Mexican food. If it is raining we will drive and get the food to go, we must have our gorditas! Then we wander around and pick out our fruits and veggies for the week. We usually ride our goodies home and turn around and ride back to the Harbor. Twice a month my favorite local artist (T.R) plays at “Sea Fresh” which is a fresh fish market and restaurant upstairs. They have a great patio that sits on the water. T.R. starts performing on the patio at 1:00 and ends at 4:00. That is the perfect time for heading home to start dinner. Yesterday we decided to take advantage of the weather (they are forecasting rain later in the week) and stayed to have a bowl of seafood chowder. Well, I had the chowder; the boys had chicken and fries (it’s a shame they don’t like fish!). We rode our bikes home and settled in for our Sunday evening. I made cookies and we ate them with ice cream while we watched “Extreme Home Makeover”. Then, off to bed where I snuggled in and watched a little Court TV. It was a good day. Damn Monday has to ruin it all!

3 comments:

Bella said...

I'm feeling ya too. Mondays bug the crap outta me. Literally.

Puck said...

They don't like fish?!?!

I spent my years 6 - 10 living in Morro Bay. Good Catholics, every friday we were down on the harbour at one of the local fish houses. Thinking about it, I can actually smell fish frying in beer batter, abalone, the salt air.

I miss California....

pinkme said...

Maybe we should become Catholic! I am sure California is not the same without you!

Bella,I hope the crap comes out OK