Tuesday, January 04, 2005

CAN'T A GIRL TAKE A PISS IN PEACE?!

I still pee with the bathroom door open!

When my kids were small, shutting the door just didn’t work, they wanted to be with me at all times. I always had company when I used the bathroom. I actually left the door open when we had friends over for dinner once (hugely embarrassing).
I remember a time about 9 yrs ago, when my boys were about 5 and 2 and both had chicken pocks. Devon had them so bad. They were on his eyes, in his mouth, on his little penis and every other available space. The boys had both been very clingy and I needed a break. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. “Just two minutes” I begged. They cried at the door and after about 30 seconds I just gave up and opened the door. I remember thinking to myself “I can’t wait until they get a little bit older and I can use the bathroom in peace”.
Now my boys are almost 14 and 11 (January) and they still follow me into the bathroom. If I shut the door they stand at it and talk anyway. So….why bother. Nick has finally started standing in the door and looking the other way. Gee, why not just wait?!
I tried it again last night. I shut the door and asked them both to give me a minute. 30 seconds, 30 friggin’ seconds and someone was whining at the door!
I guess I need to learn the art of speed peeing.
Or, just go with the flow and enjoy the company!

No comments: