Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I am a little freaked out

Last night Nick discovered Yahoo Instant Messenger! He and his friends text back and forth all the time and someone mentioned that he should get online and chat. Whoever you are, I'd like to slap you! I knew it was coming and I suppose I didn't have to say "yes", but I have to pick my battles carefully at this point. He is wearing me out already and he is barely 14! Every person he chatted with last night was a girl (yes, I hovered over his shoulder). They even sent him pictures (these are very mature looking 13-14 yr olds). I am playing detective mom and archiving his messages. I don't want to hear about "his privacy" and all that other shit! I don't trust those GIRLS!!! What should I do? I am going to limit the time he is online but I do work two jobs and he is home alone some of the time. I have already employed the "adorable snitch", his brother, to tell me if anything funny is going on.
I guess we need to talk, again! Just a refresher course since he already knows everything!

2 comments:

Busy Mom said...

I've got my 10 year old believeing that the only IM program is on AOL and we don't have it. Wonder how long that will last?

pinkme said...

I am sorry to report: It won't last much longer! I have put Nick off for the last year with many different excuses. He finally just asked on of his friends and learned what a liar I am. Kinda reminds me of the "Santa Claus" discovery all over. It just proves to him I really don't know anything!