Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend hodge-podge

Fri- I went out for a few (well, more than a few) drinks with a friend from work. We danced and had fun. He is a very nice guy but I have decided we can’t hang out anymore (unless we are in a group). I don’t know what it is about him, but I am attracted to him. The attraction is purely physical and very intense. He is always the perfect gentleman and I am afraid I may loose control and…well, it wouldn’t be a good idea!

Sat- My hair, where are you? M called me 10 minutes before I was going to leave the house to say my hair didn’t arrive. Geez, just like my hair to make a bad first impression! She called back an hour later to tell me it was held up in customs. WTF! What kind of illegal hair am I getting?! I was disappointed. I had hoped to have the weekend to adjust to my new locks. We made an appointment for Wednesday. I guess that will have to do. I am going to cross my fingers and hope the hair makes it here without breaking any more laws. I would hate to have to explain to my parents that my hair was in jail but I didn’t do anything wrong.

Sun- We rode out bikes to the Farmers Market and then over to Sea Fresh to sit on the patio, eat sushi, and listen to Teresa Russell play. We rode home and I did some laundry and started our Sunday dinner. We had filet mignon in a Jack Daniels sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and salad. It was delicious, but what a waste of my time and money. The boys were so un-impressed. To them it was just meat and potatoes. The only thing they were excited about was the rolls. At least I know what to make the next time I have company over. Here company company, here company!
It was all in al,l a very laid back weekend. I would like more of these!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Sounds nice, but boy do you have to find a more appreciative audience for your culinary skills!