Tuesday, February 15, 2005

May I have a wig please?!

Quick background: My husband is Canadian. We met 7 years ago when I was working at a snowboard factory in Washington State (he was the head sales rep in Canada). We got married 4 yrs ago and moved to California. 16 months ago he had a Heart Attack, lost his job, we lost our house and his visa expired. He went back to Canada (for medical/insurance reasons). I am not sure where our relationship will end up but we are trying to make it work. Regardless, he will always be one of my best friends.

I emailed him telling him I was thinking about getting hair extensions. I asked him if it would be all right with him (he prefers me with short hair). He was a little confused about what extensions are. This is part of his response and my reply. I just think it is so silly.

Him:
As for your hair, do as you wish. Its entirely up to you but thank you for asking. I don't really know what extensions are but isn't it kinda like a wig??? Maybe you should take ***** with you for another opinion!? Please send me the before and after pics though!!

Me:
My darling,
Yes, I am thinking about getting a wig. It would fill that pet, husband void. I could wear it during the day and at night I could remove it, clean it, pet it and sleep with it. All problems solved. I would name it something like "Precious" or "Bobo". Yeah, the wig is a great idea, it would always do what I ask and never talk back! Hmmm, maybe I should get several different colors.
Hehehe, I've had too much wine!
I will still love you; a wig has no sense of humor,
ME

1 comment:

Jay said...

Wow, I didn't realize you guys had such a 'situation' on your hands, I certainly hope things get worked out for you.

And what have you decided regarding the extensions?