Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Good news, Bad news

Work has been really kicking my butt this week. My co-worker is still out recovering from knee surgery and I am being worked to death.

Good News:
I am very happy to say that I am not being underpaid. After last week my boss and his wife called a meeting and told me that they really appreciated all the work I do. (They appreciate me more now that J (boss’s wife) is trying to help out) They gave me a raise! A $5.00 AN HOUR RAISE!! This really helps since Bethann (my car) is no longer with me and I had to get a new one with higher payments.
I got Nick’s report card and he made the honor role, again! Yeah Nick!!
Things were looking rosey…

Bad News:
I got home yesterday to find a notice in the mail saying my rent is going up. If it weren’t for the fact that it costs so much to move, I would be out of there. Really, who in their right mind would pay $1500.00 a month for a 2-bedroom town home? Me, that’s who!
This morning I started out early to work. It is the first day of the month and that means closing last month and plenty of other work to be done. I made it almost to the freeway before being rear-ended by a young girl who was preoccupied with lighting her cigarette.
I have never been in an accident and I just got a new car! I feel awful! My neck is getting stiff, I feel dizzy and slightly like I might vomit. I have a 3:15 appt with the doctor, just for insurance purposes.” Better safe than sorry”, they said.

Oh well, things could be worse…PLEASE GOD, NOOO!!!!

2 comments:

Bella said...

Awwwww, Amy, I'm sos orry about the car accident. At least you're okay. I guess your raise came in at the right time. An awesome raise at that! I want a $5.00 an hour raise!!!! Whaaaaa!

tobynkatie said...

Ok.....you work waaaaaay too hard to have this much bad luck! Keep your head up! It will get better soon. I know....I know...everything happens for a reason. Darn car accidents! Congrats on the raise though! :)