Tuesday, March 22, 2005

White trash

Yes, I went dumpster diving this weekend. It is my new, favorite past time. You can’t even imagine what I found in there (besides the bacon grease all over my favorite lip gloss).
All in all, it was a pretty good weekend. Friday night both boys were at sleepovers so a friend and I decided to meet for drinks. She stood me up, again! I was mad but after a few drinks I just made new friends. We called a taxi and bar hopped to several “beach bars”. We danced at the “Sand Castle” played pool at the “Pee Pee Palace” (long story) and returned for more fun at “The Lobster Trap”. I had so much fun! Ha-ha, take that you bossy, stander upper!!
Most of Saturday was spent recovering. I did some cleaning, some lying down, some cooking, some lying down, some errands, and some more lying down. Saturday night the boys and I watched a movie and ate popcorn (well, they watched the movie, I dozed).
Sunday, we took our usual bike ride to the Farmers Market. I didn’t bother with the produce because the boys are leaving for their dads and it would just go to waste. We wandered over to a boat show and then to “Sea Fresh” to sit on the patio. The weather was perfect; so we drank a few beers and listened to Teresa Russell play her magical guitar.
We rode our bikes home and on my way in I tossed some trash into the dumpster. I stood there while the boys laughed like crazy baboons. I just stood there, holding the garbage as my purse sailed over the wall and into the dumpster. Of course I was wearing light pink and white, perfect colors for dumpster diving! My lip-gloss was everywhere (that will teach me to keep my entire collection in the front pouch of my purse). I found as much of my stuff as possible and climbed out with garbage clinging to my legs. We took showers (me first), ate dinner and climbed in bed early.
It was a pretty good, relaxing weekend, and except for the fact that Nick now has Herpes, we are all clean and feeling well.
Thank God, Nicks Leukemia has cleared up, but now he has a pimple that he is just sure is Herpes. Some girl in his class had a cold sore and he is just positive that he caught it. I have tried everything short of the doctors office to convince him it is a friggin’ pimple. I have never seen a cold sore on someone’s forehead. Oh well, it will go away in a few days and a new crisis will take its place…he has to go to his dad’s.

2 comments:

Bella said...

LOL! Dumpster diving - that's the best. Why does it sound like you always have so much fun??? Can live where you live? :)

pinkme said...

You know, there is an open condo right across the way. We could hit all the dumpsters on Friday night!:)