Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Boo Hoo Wednesday

It’s not anywhere near “that time of the month” and I have been tearing up over everything.

It started with a phone call from my husband this morning. He told me that he has officially been made a CORE member of the InterWest team. This means after his 3-month grace period he is eligible for benefits, meaning dental and prescription discounts (medical is provided in Canada). This means he is not thinking about coming home anytime soon, if ever! I didn’t even ask, just said congrats! How long am I supposed to wait around for him to get his shit together?

I miss my boys! I don’t really know what to do when they are gone. I can think of places I would like to go but work gets in the way, damn work.

To top it all off, I spilled coffee on my favorite pheasant shirt on the way to work. As I was trying to wash it off, one of the guys from the factory said, “Why do you wear that shirt? It makes you look pregnant.” I looked at him and said, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say anything at all!” Great comeback, huh? Then holding back the tears I said, “If I were pregnant that would make me the Virgin Mary, only I’m not a virgin and my name isn’t Mary!!” Geez, I was on a roll! What a dork! I stomped to the bathroom and cried.

I feel better now and I know I have to address the issues with my husband. “Shit, or get off the pot” applies to both of us.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Poor girl. It must be so frustrating and difficult to be separated like that, indefinitely. I hope for your sake you can find a way to make things work for you.