Thursday, September 29, 2005

Embrace this!!

I should learn to embrace my ADD, that’s what they tell me:
Pro-I am great at multi-tasking
Con-Sometimes I have so many things going at once that I short circuit.
Pro- I am extremely passionate about many things
Con-I am easily sidetracked and never follow through.
Pro-I can’t even stay on track long enough to be properly depressed.
Con- Remembering I am depressed after not feeling depressed makes me seem like some hormonal psycho.
Pro- I can entertain an entire cocktail party by myself
Con-I change subjects so often people think I am really drunk
Pro- I can’t properly have any kind of disorder
Con- Well, I guess there is no down side to this one
Pro- I can’t remember to stay mad
Con- It’s confusing for the kids to know they are in trouble, but not what for.

Like they don’t know, they just want to know if “crazy mom” knows. Nick for instance has a mind like a steal trap. He remembers everything I say and because I don’t always remember, he usually wins. It has occurred to me on several occasions that he might be using this to his advantage. Hey, maybe I didn’t actually say those things at all! I have a hard time believing I would say he could go to the Homecoming dance with a senior. Although, I did tell a neighbor that I took a dump at a party once that refused to go down the toilet, and I ended up tossing it out the window using the soap dish. OMG, I was horrified when I found out it went “splat” on a guest’s car! Sometimes things just come out of my mouth before my brain O.K.’s the content. I have likened my mind to a wind tunnel vacuum. You know, all this crap spinning and whirling around, and I just grab what ever I can and…well, say it. My son said the other day, “Why don’t you go do things like you used to?”. I am just fine to stay home and clean or go for a walk by myself. I totally entertain myself. I mean, who could be bored with this many things going round and round and round…heh, have I ever mentioned how sick carnival rides make me? Once my best friend and I took our kids…..

No comments: