Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend re-cap

What a weekend! We had Elvis, gorgeous weather, fine food and drinks, live music and…a school bus ride.

Friday- After work I took Nick to a friend’s house in T.O. When I got home I went for a walk on the beach with a friend. We went back to my house for a few drinks, which turned into- a few more! As we socialized, we stumbled upon the Elvis special that was on T.V. Elvis and I have this thing. It started out as a joke, but somehow he has become my mascot- of sorts. We really enjoyed the special, a little too much. So deep was my love for Vodka, um I mean Elvis, that we went online and ordered me a lovely- I (heart) Elvis sweatshirt. This is just what every 34 yr old mother of 2 needs (as if I don’t embarrass my kids enough). In approximately 1 week I will be the proud owner of another drunken online purchase. After my last purchase of this nature, I put a few rules in place for myself. No more Internet searching or phone calls after my 2nd drink. That makes a lot of sense don’t you think? Try and make me follow my own rules! Go ahead and try!!

Saturday- After some aspirin and water I did some cleaning and some laundry. I walked over to pick Devon up at his friend’s house and ended up bringing both boys home with me. I took them swimming and then we rode bikes to the movie store to rent some video games. It was early to bed for all of us.

Sunday- After a good breakfast we took a walk to the Harbor to catch a shuttle to the Strawberry Festival. The shuttle ended up being a school bus. It was kind of fun, but boy are the seats small. The festival was very busy. We had strawberry slushies, strawberry beer, strawberry nachos, chocolate covered strawberries, and some yummy beer battered garlic fries. We listened to a little music, bought some worthless trinkets and played a few games. We had to waddle back to the shuttle for our bus ride home. We spent the rest of the afternoon doing our own things. Nick went surfing, Devon played video games and I caught up on some reading. We met again for dinner, showers and my personal favorite…bedtime!

It was a fun weekend, not to busy, but busy enough.

1 comment:

Bella said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Glad you had so much fun. Unfortunately for me, drinking the night before will leave me a lost cause the day after. I don't go well with hangovers. I guess that's why I hardly ever drink.....