Thursday, May 19, 2005

Homework blues

Devon’s teacher is a tyrant! She gives the kids so much homework it is impossible for us to have a life. Devon requires a lot of help with his homework, which means I don’t get anything done in the evening. It is frustrating for both of us. When he has soccer practice or we have any other engagements, forget it! Last night we did homework until 9:00 p.m. That is ½ hr past his bedtime and ½ hr after my patience had run out. He was tired and whining and not concentrating so I called it a night. That meant he had to get up at 5:15 a.m. to finish his homework.
Yikes, was he a crab!!
His shirt was too small!
His pants were too tight!
His socks made his fingers dry!?
He didn’t want breakfast.

I started calling him “crabby pattie” and I thought it was pretty funny until he called me “big bikini bottom”.

What a grouch!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I so understand about the homework overload!!!

I mean,some of these teachers just don't want us Mums to have a life....

Bella said...

Guess what my daughter, Belle, is taking today??? That pointless State Math Test! SHe has a B- in mathematics right however that doesn't mean a damn thing. If for any reason she fails the State Test, they will not promote her to the seventh grade. Can you beleive that???? I am raging mad right now and it has Belle all worked up. She is so nervous. This whole State regulation is getting out of hand. She is only a sixth grader and the state test is requiring her to now algebra with a little mix of calculus. WTF????