Friday, May 06, 2005

Stinko de Mayo

It’s official! My days of wacky dinners, dressing up, and talking the boys into funny photos are over. At least for Nick. Last night he refused to wear the sombrero and march around the restaurant with the Mariachi band. I tried everything to get him to participate.

M: Come on, it’s Cinco de Mayo!
N: We are not Mexican!
M: Geez, can’t you just share their joy?
N: No more margaritas mom!
M: Yes dear. (but for the record, I didn’t have a margarita)
M: I'll give you $5 if you get up there.
N: No way, you’ll take a picture.
M: I promise I won’t *fingers crossed*
N: No mom, no, no, no! And I’m not going to change my mind.
M: Do you want to walk home?
N: Sure, it’s not that far.
M: Oh, OK, I guess Devon and I will have to march without you.
N: *Triumphant grin*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah . . . growing up and defying your mother. It's a rite of passage every man must conquer.

Jay said...

I always think that Americans celebrating cinqo de mayo is a little strange...