Thursday, April 14, 2005

When I grow up...

On our drives to school in the morning, Devon and I get some time to talk about things, you know, important things. We usually talk about his favorite video game or the things he wants to do with his Legos. This morning we talked about the future. Well, I talked about the future-future and he talked about the immediate future.

D. I wish I was out of school; I can’t wait till I graduate
M. After you graduate then comes college and a job
D. Uuuuhhggg, more school?
M. Well, if you want to be a computer software designer, then yes. If you have decided to be the Indian you wanted to be in kindergarten, then-no.
D. I just hate school, I waste all my time doing homework
M. It isn’t a waste of time if you think about the future. Think about the things you want in life, maybe a house, a car, a family...It takes hard work to get the things you want.
D. Yeah, I guess

*Silence*

D. I know what I want
M. What?
D. One of those FAST 201 yo-yos and some hand sanitizer.
M. ?????????

Now I get the yo-yo thing, but the hand sanitizer, I am not so sure about that.
So, I scratched my head and tried to remember what it was like to be a child.
I just hope he can hold onto his innocence for a while longer (a long while).

2 comments:

Bella said...

It could have been worse. He could have asked for a FAST 201 yo-yo and a condom. lol Just kidding.

Jay said...

When I was young I wanted to be a gas pumper or a berry picker. Kids are dumb.