Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Another hump day

Is it strange to be aroused by the produce section in the grocery store? I know it probably is, but I find it strangely exciting. Now it can’t be just any produce section, not an Albertson’s after the 5 o’clock rush. No, it has to be a nice, neat store, with a dimly lit, aesthetically pleasing vegetable section. The Ralph’s in Camarillo takes the cake. The lights are low, the fruit is beautifully arranged, and ooohhhhh the eggplant!! I love the eggplant! It is royal looking and shiny AND PURPLE!!!!!!!!

*Sitting down and smoothing hair*

I think it must be all the colors and the smell of fresh vegetables and fruit. Or maybe it is the fact that they do such a great job of displaying it all, I don’t know. All I do know is, I went to work today with a banana in my pocket.

4 comments:

Jay said...

hah! I love eggplants too, so pretty!

Bella said...

Yummy! I like to go to this Farmer's Market where all the fruits and vegetables are picked fresh daily. It is so much cheaper than the gorcery stores too. I love their Strawberries and White Corn - so sweet and juicy! :)

pinkme said...

Hhhmmmm, lovely cucumber!

Chick said...

I came here from Jay's. Nice to meet you.

Great site here, sweetie...can I can you sweetie?...I know we just met & all...

I also have a serious thing for purple eggplant & colorful displays...they always make me smile.