Wednesday, April 27, 2005

What happened to "hello"

Last night as we are cleaning up after dinner, Nick’s cell phone starts ringing. He answers it: “Hey Dyke”. I stand there with my mouth open as he has a very friendly conversation with his friend.
After he said his goodbyes he says to me:

N: What?
M: WHO WAS THAT?
N: Daniel
M: Why did you call him a Dyke?
N: We just play around like that
M: Do you know what a Dyke is?
N: Yeah, one of those people who have both sex organs.
M: Ummm, no, that is a hermaphrodite. A Dyke is a slang term for a lesbian.
N: Oh my gosh, wait till I tell Daniel I just called him a lesbian! He is going to freak!

Maybe it is time for a refresher course of “Phone Etiquette 101”.

6 comments:

Bella said...

That is hilarious!!!!! It's funny when kids use words that they have no clue what the meaning is. My daughter does that.

Shooter said...

Or maybe, Sex Terms 101. How funny!

Shooter said...

Or maybe, Sex Terms 101. How funny!

Shooter said...

Or maybe, Sex Terms 101. How funny!

Shooter said...

Or maybe, Sex Terms 101. How funny!

Shooter said...

Or maybe, Sex Terms 101. How funny!