Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Making it fun

When my boys were little, I used to have "special parties". In the middle of the winter, we would spread out blankets in the living room, blow up the beach balls, put on some Beach Boys tunes, get our bathing suits on and have a "Beach Party". We would eat picnic dinners on the floor and dance around. It was soooo much fun.

Now that they are growing up they are not so excited to participate in my "special parties". Well, I can't really blame them. Some of our "parties" involve cleaning their room (I do supply the pizza and pop).

Today I discovered at work that it was "Day of the Dead" in Mexico. On Election Day!! Kinda ironic since our future depends on this election.

I decided it would not be a very exciting night for us, watching the returns all night. Why not make it a party? I decided we would have Mexican food with a political theme. We had George Bush Burritos and John Kerry Quesadillas. It was fun. Nick thinks I am a little dorky but doesnt really care as long as it involves food. Devon on the other hand, he found it amusing.

I can see my future, birthday parties for the cats, "special parties" where I am the only guest that shows, my family hiding outside the front door, making sure I am not wearing a party hat while making dinner.

No comments: