Friday, October 07, 2005

Just when you think things can't get worse...

THEY DO!!!
Not only am I completely broke, emotionally over loaded, fat, compulsive, repulsive, and lacking in good decision making skills… I am also a husband-stealing hussy.
If they handed out degrees for being a douche bag I would at least have a Masters.
For some reason this week everything has weighed heavily on me emotionally.
The calm after the storm- HA-things are starting to feel overwhelming.
Tuesday I felt like I might have a nervous breakdown. I felt like one more thing going wrong would send me over the edge. Then IT happened.
I was accused of making moves on/ trying to steal someone else’s husband. This was sooo far fetched that I thought it must be a joke. The husband in question is 76 years old and has Tourettes Syndrome. He is also my boss.
It was not a joke. I was insulted, hurt, and furious.
What brought this about?
Get this: Someone called and asked for “Amy, the bosses wife.” We were all joking about this and then she just went off on me.
I lost it and started crying. I packed up my stuff, cleaned out my desk and left. About half way home I knew I had to go back. I went back the next day and they acted like nothing had happened. She was as friendly as ever, even bought me lunch. She acted like we were best friends. And I thought I was crazy!
This makes work a little uncomfortable for me. I just need a break. Hey, I think I’ll take the next couple of days off.

1 comment:

antikva said...

I have the perfect pic for times like this, I don't have a file transfer program on this laptop tho, so I'll email it to you.

In the meantime, HUGS at times like this chocolate and vodka are the best things to have on hand.