Monday, June 06, 2005

Word of the Day-shit

Devon loves the song “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani, so we bought the CD this weekend. We decided to listen to it on our way to school this morning. The radio version is a bit different than the one on the CD. The song starts out with It’s my shit and the shit continues throughout the whole song. She says shit about a zillion times. I started hollering- “POOP”, every time she said shit. By the time we got to school Devon was laughing like a mad man. As the song ended I looked over my shoulder and said, “Damn, she has a potty mouth.” Devon giggled and said, “Why did you swear?” I told him I was just so tired of hearing shit that I had to mix it up.
Not a very appropriate start to a Monday morning. What was Gwen thinking? Wait, what was I thinking?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want to record a song like that, fine. But why release it as a single. That shit . . . er poop . . . is just plain stupid.