Wednesday, June 15, 2005

God save the Queen!

Last night Nick received a call from ex-brother-in-law. He told Nick that they had just issued a Tsunami warning and being we live at the beach; we should RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! Royalty runs in the ex’s family (drama is what they do). Sooo, Nick, being the royal boy he is, freaks out.

Should he pack his stuff?
What should he take?
How much time do I think we have to live?


I tried to reassure him that we were not in any danger. Uncle S calls back to tell us that he has sent us a link online to the National Disaster Something-or- other. He told Nick to get online and monitor the situation. I told Nick to get in bed and let me be the “disaster monitor”. He just couldn’t sleep, he was all wound up. Here death was, knocking on our door, and I wanted him to go to bed! I watched the local T.V station and found out the warning had been cancelled, so I went to bed. I woke up at 2 am and I could hear the TV was on in the boy’s room. I wish I had taken a picture of the “Queen” himself. He was sleeping sideways on his bed with his head facing the TV, remote still in his hand and the TV on the local news station. I don’t know how late he was awake.
This morning, when he was feeling a little more secure about his destiny he said, “If there was a Tsunami, I would have just rode the wave on my board!”
HA, I tried not to laugh and a didn’t mention my 2 am discovery.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Well he's brave the next morning, and that's what counts right?