Tuesday, August 30, 2005

No title cause I'm brain dead

Devon is finally back in school and Nick starts on Wednesday. It feels really good to be back to our old routine. Nick had high school orientation last week and I was a little freaked out that I couldn’t attend (he was just fine with that). I can’t believe that he is in high school. It seems like I just graduated!
He is really growing up and the surprises never end. Friday he called me at work to ask if he could go to the beach with his friend J. He has talked quite a bit about J but I have never met him. I am a little weary about letting him “hang out” with kids I don’t know and he knows that. He promised (please mom, please, I promise) to bring J by the house for a while when I got home, so I could meet him. About 3:30 he called to tell me the waves were “blown out” and they were now back at the house waiting for me. This troubled me a bit. I had visions of them going through my underwear drawer or the liquor cabinet. Anyway, I arrived home to find them watching T.V. and behaving themselves quite nicely. I must admit though, they were quite the sight: Nick, with his long shaggy hair, wearing his board shorts and sporting two very red swollen nipples (he refuses to wear a rash guard when surfing). His friend, J, sporting an equally red Mohawk, and wearing tight pants, Dead Kennedy’s shirt and girls pink and purple stripped socks. I tried my best not to laugh when I saw they were watching Full House! J was a nice kid, odd but polite and interesting to say the least. On one hand I am proud of Nick for being friends with so many different kinds of kids. On the other hand I am worried about the different kinds of kids.

1 comment:

antikva said...

We have the same problem, but my daughter is the odd one *g*

I know exactly what you mean about feeling like you only just left HS. My dad still tells me I should act my age! heh.