Friday, June 09, 2006

My Butterfly




I have always said Nick was my busy bee and Devon was my butterfly in the making. He has such a sweet, soulful spirit just still a little "caterpillary" (I know, that isn't a word) right now. He has been gone for a week to Nature Camp in Santa Barbara. He learned so many things about rocks and plants and animals, just right up his alley! He came home with many bug bites that have been itching him like crazy so I bought him some Calimine lotion. When I got home from work last night he was on the couch, in his underwear (watch out Homer Simpson). The living room smelled like perfume. I asked him what the smell was and he told me that he had put some of "the lotion" on his bug bites. I knew it wasn't the lotion I smelled so I just sat by him and we talked for a few minutes. The smell was very familiar so I went into my bathroom and when I opened the medicine chest...sure enough...the top was off my perfume! He was wearing my Clinique "happy" perfume? So? My caterpillar is happy! I wonder what kind of butterfly he will grow into? Hehehe- Painted Lady perhaps?

3 comments:

Michele said...

I think caterpillary is a PERECT word!
I like it.

Shooter said...

Save that story for the night he gets engaged!

Bella said...

My daughter would love nature camp. Wildlife is a way of life for her. She will be my little veternarian. I hope he has lots of fun and finds lots of insects!